I love this simple recipe. Vegetable tempura is good as a side or as a mid-day snack.
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of unbleached flour
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 cup of ice cold water
- medley of your favorite vegetables
- Mix together the red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and ground ginger to make the dipping sauce.
- Add flour and water in a bowl. Mix gently to not activate the gluten. It doesn’t matter if it contains clumps. Add oil to a small pot, once it is hot enough, drop vegetable in batter and then add to the oil. You may want to drop the vegetable in flour before dropping into the batter so that the batter will stick to it better.
Copyright 2011 Being Vegan. All rights reserved.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.