This vegan meat sauce recipe is another crockpot recipe and is great over spaghetti as well as sauce for homemade pizza.
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup red & green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32 oz can tomato puree
- 1 32 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup red sherry
- 1 1/2 cup BOCA crumbles
- Add non-stick skillet to medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add the onions, peppers, garlic, BOCA crumbles and sauté for 5 minutes and then add in the spices and salt, and continue to sauté for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once the onion mixture is done, remove the skillet from heat and add it to your crockpot along with the tomatoes, tomato puree, sherry, and sugar. Give it a good mix until thoroughly incorporated, add the lid and let cook on low for 4 hours.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.