This recipe makes the most deliciously rich and dense dark chocolate brownies you will every taste. If you don’t like the taste of pure dark chocolate, you can substitute it for Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 faux egg (1 tbsp white distilled vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda)
- 2 cups of water
- 6 oz 72% dark chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl mix together the vinegar and baking soda until the fizzing stops, and then set it to the side.
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot, add it to medium heat until it comes to a boil. Add a heat safe bowl to cover the top of the pot to create a double boiler. Add the chocolate squares to the bowl, when the chocolate has melted, add in butter until it melts and blend it well with the chocolate. Remove the bowl from the pot and add in the other wet ingredients: milk, sugar, vanilla extract, faux egg. Mix it well until all wet ingredients are well incorporated. Fold the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients by adding 1/3 of dry ingredients at a time.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" baking pan and then add in your mixture. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, take it out and let sit for 5 minutes then remove it from the pan unto a cooling rack to let cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with powered sugar on top or with some vegan vanilla ice cream.