If you don’t have GERD, here are a few substitutions you can make to the recipe:
1/4 tsp of dried thyme leaves >>> 1 tsp of black pepper
2 tbsp of garlic powder >>> 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 3 stalks of celery (roughly chopped)
- 2 long carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups of uncooked oats
- 1 15oz can of black beans (drained and washed)
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- Add the quinoa and water to a pot, set to high heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add the celery and carrots to food processor and chop to small bits.
- Once quinoa is done cooking, add the vegetable bits, beans and garlic into a bowl. Mix and squish together gently. Then add the quinoa to the mix and continue to mix together. Form into patties and fry on the stove, bake in the oven, or store in the freezer.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.