This mushroom stroganoff recipe is a vegan take on the classic Russian recipe which grown in popularity in the UK and the US.
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups of water or vegan broth
- 2 tbsp of red port wine
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 4 tsp of all purpose flour
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the mushrooms 3-5 minutes, then push the mushrooms off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the mushrooms.
- Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in water or vegan broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in the mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or so.
- 5 minutes before your cooking time is up, add in the red port. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed before serving.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.