Mushroom Pâté is a great non-meat spread with great flavor and a sweet taste.
- 2 cups yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced baby bellas
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup toasted shaved almonds
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Place your almonds into the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, remove and set aside to cool.
- Add a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add oil and onions; saute until translucent, then add the garlic, continue to saute for 5 minutes, and then add the mushrooms, thyme, vinegar and salt. Continue to saute for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove. Add the almonds to the food processor and process until they turn to small bits. Then add in your mushroom mixture and process until everything is incorporated. Place into a bowl and serve warm with some toast.
Copyright 2011 Being Vegan. All rights reserved.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.