Blueberries are not in season but I had this overwhelming craving for blueberry muffins and these mini blueberry muffins hit the spot. These muffins are sweet, fluffy, and moist. If you are fan of blueberry muffins like I am, you must try this recipe. You will not be disappointed.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 faux egg (1 tbsp white distilled vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar and baking soda until it stops fizzing. Then add in the melted butter, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold ingredients together being careful not to work it too much or you will activate the gluten. Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Take your mini muffin pan and lightly grease each cup. Then add about 1/4 cup of your blueberry mixture into each muffin cup. Place in the oven, let bake for 20 minutes. When finished baking, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the muffin pan and let them finish cooling on a cooling rack. Or enjoy them while they are warm.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.