I do not normally use expletives in my writing when describing something, but when I tasted what I made, all that could come to mind was “kickass.’ This is a simple recipe with just a few vegetables but feel free to add in your favorites.
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of frisee, chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of white onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Place onions in a bowl of water and set aside for 5 minutes. Afterwards, pour out the water and place the onions on a drying cloth to remove the moisture before placing in skillet.
- Whisk together the water, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and salt and set the bowl aside. This will be your sauce that you place over the stir-fry.
- Place olive oil in skillet or wok over medium heat. When the skillet or wok is hot add the onions, ginger, garlic and saute for about 20 seconds. Add in the mushrooms, frisee, and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the sauce and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. When done, place on a plate, garnish with sesame seeds if so desire, and serve.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.