Iced coconut lace cookies is one of the easiest cookies to make with very little effort at all.
Iced Coconut Lace Cookies
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, fine
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or shortening, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp non-dairy milk, vanilla flavored
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F. In a bowl, add the sugar, flour, coconut, vanilla extract, sea salt, and butter. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. The mixture will be a bit crumbly.
- You will need three cookie sheets and a piece of wax paper inside each one. Add a small scoop (1 1/2 tsp) of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart. They will fan out when baking, so they will need the room to grow. Place inside the oven for 10 minutes each, remove, and let cool to room temperature.
- While the cookies are cooling, in another small bowl, add the powered sugar and milk. Mix well until all the sugar is dissolved and a thick icing forms. Once the cookies are cool enough, use a fork to dip into the icing and shake it over the cookies. Let sit for a few minutes more before eating.
Copyright 2011 Being Vegan. All rights reserved.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.