Black Bean and Portabella Mushroom Veggie Burger
- 5 oz of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 of a white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 6 tbsp of EVOO
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 2 cups of oats
- Preheat oven @ 275 degrees. Pour the oats into a baking pan, drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil, mix together and bake in the oven until golden brown. Once the oats are done, place in a mixer and pulse until it turns into coarse meal like breadcrumbs.
- Pour the black beans into a bowl and rinse several times. Dump into a mixer, and mix until it begins to clump together. Then pour it into a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the olive oil into a saucepan on the stove, then sauté the onions, and then add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, parsley, and ginger and finish sautéing for 5 minutes. Once it’s done, pour into the mixer along with the sunflower seeds and mix until it turns coarse.
- Dump everything except the oats into the mixing bowl, mix together and add salt to taste. Then add the breadcrumbs and slightly mix it together. Then make patties to freeze or cook.
Copyright 2011 Being Vegan. All rights reserved.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.