When I was younger, I thought that reubens were vile, and I hated the smell. However, I decided to try a vegan version of the American classic, and I have to say that the avocado reuben sandwich is now my favorite.
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 cup vegan thousand island dressing
- 6 thin slices avocado
- 2 slices vegan sourdough bread
- 1/2 shredded vegan cheese
- 2 to 4 thin slices of tomato
- Preheat a large skillet, griddle, or panini press. Spread the thousand island dressing on the inside part of both pieces of sourdough bread, then stack the sauerkraut, avocado, and tomato to your liking, top with vegan cheese, and add the skillet, griddle, or panini press until golden brown on both sides. Let cool for a minute or so, eat and enjoy.
THE NUTRITION FACTS HERE ARE INDICATIVE.